May 13, 2015 at 09:02
10 steps to get your skin ready for your big day by Laura Ramsay, Spa Manager, Gina Conway Spa
1. Regular facials are essential for the build up to the big day, depending on your concerns I would recommend starting 6 months beforehand. The Murad Age reform facials are amazing for targeting several different skin concerns. Initially you should start with a course of 6 facials on a weekly basis then monthly follow up treatments.
2. Using the right skincare at home is just as essential to maintaining the glow and amazing skin after having one of these facials. The Murad Essential-C Cleanser leaves the skin feeling fresh and hydrated daily. Tiny Vitamin E beads burst on the skin when applied drenching the skin in hydration. Use daily morning and evening, massaging onto damp skin and removing with a facial shammy. £34 RRP
3. The Ayurvedic facial massage is a holistic alternative to anti-ageing. Using Marma point massage techniques to stimulate collagen production and healing within the skin - you will drift off into a dreamlike state whilst having the treatment (great for the stress of organizing a wedding) and awake to beautiful plump skin. I would recommend having 2-3 of these over the 6 month period - with the last one being 3-4 days before the wedding.
4. Eyes are always a concern for us ladies, using the NEW Aveda Botanical Kinetics Energizing Eye Crème will help to eliminate dark circles, under eye puffiness and dehydration significantly within 4 weeks of use. The cream should be applied daily, morning and night using the ring fingers. Dab the cream around the eye bone and brow bone and then using the ring fingers massage the cream in using large circles around the area. Especially the morning of the big day. £28 RRP
5. Stress can build up during this time with the organising and worry - so a 90 minute Aveda Stress Fix Massage will help to relax and give some time back to you. Using the Aveda Stress fix range, its aroma has been clinically proven to eliminate stress hormones by 97%. I would recommend one a month.
6. Once on to the monthly facial appointments you can provide yourself with a mini weekly facial at home to maintain that healthy glow. The Murad Age Reform Intensive Resurfacing Peel is the closest to a professional peel that a home care product can be. With 4 vials in there you can perform an at home facial once a week for a month - or can be used when you need an immediate glow to the skin. Leave on for 10 minutes after cleansing and rinse off. RRP £55
7. For areas of congestion or breakouts the Murad Pore Reform Blackhead & Pore Clearing Duo is a lifesaver. It’s a 2 step mask based product to be used on areas of congestion. The first product is gently massaged into the skin and the clay draws out impurities, whilst the serum is then applied to prevent blackheads forming again by an average of 55%! RRP £50
8. To really enhance the look of makeup and the facial features on the day I would recommend the Brow Bar experience for a complete overhaul of the brows to provide definition and structure. It uses a 4 step approach of tinting, tweezing, waxing and threading to provide the perfect shape.
9. An eyelash tint and eyelash extensions are also amazing for giving a natural, smudge/tear proof look on the big day.
10. 24hours before the big day I would recommend one last age reform 60 minute facial to enhance the glow of the skin and give that fresh, dewy look.